The much-loved Bird by Bird: Instructions on Writing and Life, by Anne Lamott, isn’t just a book about writing, or even a book about life. It’s a book about creativity. The birthplace of writing, and creativity, Lamott writes, is found in “the ecstasy of paying attention,” of caring, and of opening oneself to a certain sense of wonder. Read the whole book for more. Or, read this article by Maria Popova, creator of the website Brain Pickings, which summarizes Bird by Bird.
Enjoy this delightful short little animation of Dr. Brené Brown talking about the difference between empathy and sympathy. In a few minutes, Dr. Brown explains why sympathy fosters alienation, and what it is about empathy that brings people together. Empathy also happens to be an integral part of the creative process.
Stanford professor of psychology Carol Dweck is a world-renowned researcher in the field of motivation. She’s also an expert in the how and why of success. In her TED Talk, Dr. Dweck explains a special mode called the “Growth Mindset” — what it is and how to get yourself there. Hint: It involves creativity and failing.
In this excerpt from Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential within Us All, IDEO founder David Kelley and IDEO partner Tom Kelley explain how failure is baked into the design process at IDEO and why it leads to more fruitful and rich ideas.
Human-centred design is as much about your head as your hands. These Mind-sets explore and uncover the philosophy behind our approach to creative problem solving, and show that how you think about design directly affects whether you’ll arrive at innovative, impactful solutions. Read more.
Successful leadership depends on the quality of attention and intention that the leader brings to any situation.
The information and views set out in this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of European Union. Neither European Union institutions and bodies nor any person acting on their behalf may be held responsible for the use which may be made of information contained therein.
- Sustainability: what the entrepreneurship educators think
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Innovation: Categories and Interactions
- Rethinking 21st-Century Businesses: An Approach to Fourth Sector SMEs in Their Transition to a Sustainable Model Committed to SDGs
- Entrepreneurship Education and Sustainable Development Goals: A literature Review and a Closer Look at Fragile States and Technology-Enabled Approaches
- Learning apart and together: towards an integrated competence framework for sustainable entrepreneurship in higher education