Bio-Tech Intensive Course
“Build your scientific skills by providing expertise to the BUILD Solutions start-ups”
University of Lorraine
27-30th April 2021
The University of Lorraine is conducting the second Intensive Course on Bio-Tech titled “Build your scientific skills by providing expertise to the BUILD Solutions start-ups” that will be held on 27 to 30 April 2021.
During 4 days, 20 UL Master 1 students (enrolled in the Course “Science et Génie de l’Environnement” of ENSAIA) will receive from our BUILDs’ start-ups a series of 6 scientific formulations concerning their businesses in relation to the ecosystem services that can be provided by Nature-Based Solutions. These 20 students will be asked to bring answers, from a biotech perspective, to the scientific questions received (including a bibliographic, benchmarking, and innovation study), while they will be coached by representatives from each start-up and supervised by UL tutors. BUILDS HEIs and business partners will also give support throughout the Intensive Course.
The main learning objectives expected from this Intensive Course are:
- Sound biotech scientific development to each of the 6 technical requests;
- Teamwork strategies;
- Interaction with real socio-economic actors (start-ups);
- In-depth analysis of the scientific request with novel, groundbreaking, and scientific sound solutions;
- Benchmark analysis;
- Scientific investigation roadmap;
- Development of innovative solutions;
- Integration of the economical dimension;
- Communication of results.
Organized by: Université de Lorraine, Ensaia, BUILDs, Erasmus+
With the support of: Econick, Ersilia, Epiclay, aeroSQAIR, Worm Generation, C:aire
With the collaboration of: WU, IAAC, GTC, CF
Check out more information about the BIO-TECH Intensive Programme Course here.